Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Welcome Olivia Rose Beck (and some updates...)

What an exciting week it has been!! First, and most important, my first niece Olivia Rose was born on Friday at 3:59 p.m. weighing 9 lbs 4 oz. She is just the most adorable baby and I just hope that we have as healthy and beautiful of a little girl. I am so happy for Melissa and Brian! I can't wait to go over to their house to visit and get lots of practice holding her, maybe change a diaper... :)

In other baby news, we start our first childbirth class tonight! I am pretty excited and anxious to be a little more informed. So, for the next 4 Wednesdays we will hopefully learn the ins and outs of what to expect so we can be slightly more prepared. I know people say they just "winged it" but I just don't think I can do that. Hopefully we will learn a lot!

Also, I found out on Thursday that I had failed the 1 hour glucose screen that tests for gestational diabetes. It was the most miserable feeling in the world. They, of course, scheduled another test so I went in during the day on Friday (while we were at the hospital waiting for Olivia anyways) and had to do the 3 hour glucose screen. Talk about torture! Fasting for 12 hours, then chugging liquid sugar, and getting blood drawn every 3 hours was enough to make me ill. And I have a pretty good tolerance for things like that! Anyways, I just found out yesterday that the test results came back and my numbers were great and I don't have to worry about the diabetes thing!! HOORAY!! It was definitely the best thing to hear. I am so relieved now...phew. I just continue to hope and pray for a smooth pregnancy for these last 8 weeks.

So, enough about me...back to a couple of pictures of the newest cutest baby girl in the family:





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Tell you sister how happy I am for her. Oh, and I did the 3 hr diabetes test, too. It WAS torture! The instant I drank that syrup I fell asleep in the waiting room. They told me it was "common" for pregnant women to fall asleep, but I think they were just being nice. Each time they drew my blood, they had to wake me up!

    ReplyDelete